Episode 102 – What Happened Next
Afghan Cycles & The Musical Mountaineers
Banner image of The Musical Mountaineers by Karen Wang
This episode sponsored by NoteCast & Warby Parker
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
Both filmmaker Sarah Menzies and The Musical Mountaineers accomplished big things after our conversations last year. Sarah debuted her film Afghan Cycles. Rose and Anastasia played music in Seattle’s Benaroya Hall. We catch up and celebrate what’s next.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Featured in this episode: Filmmaker Sarah Menzies and The Musical Mountaineers: Anastasia Allison and Rose Freeman
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music is by Josh Woodward, Lee Rosevere, and Kai Engel using CC by A license
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How the Afghan Cycles film debut at Hot Docs film festival went for filmmaker Sarah Menzies
- Why film festivals are important for outdoor documentary films
- How Sarah is carving out time for her and her partner Kaitlin after devoting so much time to Afghan Cycles
- What Sarah wants to focus on for her next film project
- How she feels about Afghan Cycles being available to stream on platforms like iTunes
- Why Sarah wouldn’t tell you she’s “living the dream” but why she wouldn’t have it any other way
- The Musical Mountaineers share about the concert they played at Benaroya Hall in Seattle (and how it wasn’t as different as they thought it would be from playing in the mountains)
- The beauty in the fact that wherever Anastasia and Rose play their instruments, the feeling is the same.
- What Rose and Anastasia are excited about
- Anastasia’s p-cloth company, Kula Cloth
- The possibility The Musical Mountaineers see in 2019 (for themselves and for others!)
- The She Explores book
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor Websites & Promotions
Sarah, Rose, and Anastasia
Sarah this summer relaxing after launching Afghan Cycles; Photo by Kaitlin Bailey
Sarah (L) and girlfriend Kaitlin on a backpacking trip between film festivals
Anastasia and Rose; Photo by Karen Wang
Photo by Karen Wang
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.
Be the first to comment