Episode 141: A Blueprint for an Adventurous Life
Interview with Shon’t Savage
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
For Shon’t Savage, divorce was a bad thing that turned out to be a good thing. Ten years ago, while sharing custody of her then two year old son, she found herself with free time. Shon’t grieved the days she lost with her son, but filled the space with a newfound love for hiking, camping, backpacking, and cross-country skiing. In doing so, Shon’t found herself once more — which ultimately made her a better mother. It also made her the perfect fit to sit on the board of Adventure Mamas.
In this episode, we learn about Shon’t’s philosophy for raising an adventurous son, how we might take advantage of ‘found time’ in our lives, and the benefits of staying curious above all else. We’re left with a message of hope – that “bad things” can turn into “good things” – if we just grant them time.
Featured in this episode: Shon’t Savage
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music in this episode is by Meydan, Josh Woodward, Swelling, and Kai Engel using a Creative Commons attribution license.
- Shon’t’s Instagram
- She Explores Episode 119: Adventure Moms
- Adventure Mamas
- Adventure Mamas Instagram
- Ravel Media
Sponsors and Discount Codes
- Danner: Learn more about the Women’s Trail 2650’s at Danner.com
- Appalachian Gear Company: Learn more about the All-Paca Fleece Hoodie and get 10% off using the code ‘SHEEXPLORES’ – Valid through May 31, 2020.
- South Dakota Tourism – Get your FREE South Dakota vacation guide at travelsouthdakota.com
- BetterHelp – Get 10% off your first month by heading to Betterhelp.com/explore and use code ‘EXPLORE’ at checkout
Shon’t in the Outdoors
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.