Episode 133: All this Possibility
Interview with Jenny Bruso
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
Jenny Bruso’s multi-day trek on the Salkantay Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru transformed what she thought was possible for herself; it’s opened her up to the idea of hikes around the world and helped refine her mission as the founder of Unlikely Hikers. And while Jenny’s enthralled by all this possibility, she’s still working through how to trek internationally in a respectful way.
Featured in this episode: Jenny Bruso
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music is by Josh Woodward, Kai Engel, Meydan, and Lee Rosevere using a CC by A license.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Jenny Bruso: Instagram & Website
- Unlikely Hikers
- New York Times Article: ‘Unlikely’ Hikers Hit the Trail
- Curvy Kili Crew: Instagram & Jenny’s Autostraddle article
- WHOA Plus Travel
- Mountain Gods Peru
- Jenny’s first She Explores Episode, “Fat & Outdoorsy“
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on She-Explores.com
- If you like this episode, you might enjoy listening to these She Explores episodes:
- She Explores Podcast Facebook Group
Sponsor Websites & Promotions
- Smartwool: Learn more at Smartwool.com
- Danner: Learn more at Danner.com
- ThirdLove: Get 15% off your first order by heading to ThirdLove.com/explore
Jenny Bruso & Unlikely Hikers
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.