Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group->
A beginner’s guide of sorts to advocating for land we can all love and enjoy. This week, we’re back camping with Amanda Machado, the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), and 13 women who are passionate about learning to champion public land.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
– Camper Amy Wong’s story of love of the outdoors and public land starting in her own backyard
– Why public lands matter to the women attending a campout with the NPCA
– The unique relationship women of color have with parks
– How to make the outdoors more accessible to all people
– How the outdoor industry is gradually changing and the importance of brands getting behind issues of accessibility to public land
– Steps the NPCA recommends to get started with advocacy for public land
– The impact sharing the outdoors with people you love has on your life and public land
– A summary of tangible action steps for getting involved
Learn more about the National Parks Conservation Association ->
Listen to part 1 of this 2 part series ->
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Amanda Machado (learn more at brownenvironmentalist.org); Laura Torres, Megan Hernbroth, Amy Wong, Araceli Hernandez, Briget Underwood, Christine Mariano, Grace Rougier, Jenifer Méndez, Jenny Lopez, Nanci Torres-Poblano, Maricela Rosales, Miyuki Gomez, Michelle Magalong, Rebeca Contreras, and Sally Garcia.
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music is by Lee Rosevere, Josh Woodward, and Kai Engel via freemusicarchive.org.
National Parks Conservation Association: Website
Amanda Machado: Portfolio
She Explores Episode 19: Finding Your Voice to Speak for Public Land
Ridge Wallet: Get 10% off (and free worldwide shipping) at checkout with code EXPLORE
Sawyer: Enter Gift Pack Giveaway
Be the first to comment