Episode 63: Risk Takers
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group->
Sponsored by Columbia Sportswear
Banner image courtesy of Karen Wang
Risk is a relative term, but it always means you have something to lose, and something to gain. What happens when we take risks when we’re spending time outside? How do they pay off and when do they backfire? These are your stories of taking risks in the outdoors.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
– How listener Rebecca went from self-identifying as “not a risk-taker” to going on her first backpacking trip
– How trying something new can help change the expectations you have of yourself
– About the clarity you can find by hiking solo
– The way risks you take in the outdoors can mirror your everyday life
– The challenges of plein air painting
– When not getting a job turns into an opportunity
– Climbing Mount Whitney for sunrise
– Surviving a big storm on your first solo hike
– The importance of differentiating between risk and unneccessary risk
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Mara Johnson-Groh, Rebecca, Karen Wang, Shelby Stanger, Claire Giordano, Becky Jensen, Nikki Frumkin, Sheree Angela Matthews, Hallie Seay, Ashleigh C, Danielle O’Farrell, Megan Bixel, Tori Duhaime & Brooke Weeber.
Subscribe to She Explores podcast via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, and Google Play.
Original music by Liam McNally.
Music is also by Chris Zabriskie via freemusicarchive.org.
Links/Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Shelby Stanger: Wild Ideas Worth Living
Sheree Angela Matthews: Instagram
Karen Wang: Portfolio
Mara Johnson-Groh: Instagram
Nikki Frumkin: Drawn to High Places
Brooke Weeber: Instagram
Becky Jensen: Writing Portfolio
Ashleigh C: Instagram
Tori Duhaime: Instagram
Gale Straub: Instagram
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.