Episode 97 – Work in Progress
Interview with RANGE Founder Jeanine Pesce
Banner image by Jessica Hamel
This episode sponsored by Ritual
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
Meet Jeanine Pesce, creative connector and founder of RANGE, a creative agency and magazine inspired by the culture of the outdoor movement. We talk about how she’s carved out a place for herself in the outdoor industry. We also chat about the tenth issue of RANGE Mag, centered around the theme ‘Work in Progress.’ RANGE contributors Rocío, Hatie, and Emily share their perspectives on the theme and the unique stories about culture, product technology, and outdoor travel that they brought to the issue.
The interview with Jeanine took place at the RANGER Station at Outdoor Retailer Snow Show. Interviews with contributors over Skype.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Featured in this episode: Jeanine Pesce, Rocío Villalobos, Hatie Parmeter, and Emily Hopcian
Hosted by Gale Straub
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Stories around the theme of ‘work in progress’
- How Jeanine Pesce started RANGE, a creative agency and magazine inspired by the culture of the outdoor movement
- Why Jeanine carved out a place for herself in the outdoor industry
- Why Jeanine believes in sharing her media platform with others
- How Rocío Villalobos sees herself as a work in progress and why it’s important for her story to reach more people, especially young women of color
- Hatie Parmeter sharing a riveting story about new technology in outdoor gear
- Why RANGE managing editor Emily Hopcian is passionate about writing international features
- How Jeanine is working on finding more time for herself as a business owner and outdoor-lover
- What’s next for RANGE in 2019
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- SNEWS article on Outdoor CEO Pledges by James Edward Mills
- Outdoor CEO Diversity Pledge
- RANGE Website & Instagram
- RANGE Magazine Issue 10
- Rocío Villalobos: Instagram
- Hatie Parmeter: Instagram & Whoa Mag
- Emily Hopcian: Instagram & Portfolio
- José G Gonzáles: Website
- Melanin Basecamp
Sponsor Websites & Promotions
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.