Episode 94: Looking Forward in Our Outdoor Lives
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group->
Banner image courtesy of Jenni and Ruby Goldman
We put out a call for voice submissions, asking questions like: how will you bring what you’ve learned in the outdoors this year into 2019? Are you hoping to take up a new skill? Is there anyone you want to introduce to your outdoor life? Do you have any big trips planned? Or are you embracing resources closer to home?
The answers were a resounding yes, all around.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Featuring:Marissa Priestap, Alisha M’Lot, Ruby and Jenni Goldman, Rhiannon Ball, Annabel Plush, Diandra Oliver, Jennifer, Meghan Young, Hailey Hirst, Kimberly Bradley, Katarina Mulec, Rachel Friedman, Kate Rafey, Rocio, Elisa Janson, Desiree Penner, Helen Wallis, Francesca Turauskis, Teresa Benitez, Greta Matos, and Christina Hickman
Hosted by Gale Straub
Subscribe to She Explores podcast via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, and Google Play.
Music is by Jason Shaw, Lee Rosevere Kai Engel via freemusicarchive.org using a CC by A license
In this episode, you’ll hear:
– The question to ask yourself if you’re looking to spend more time outside in 2019
– Why bringing others (and pets!) out with you can be fulfilling
– How fat people are claiming space for themselves in the outdoor industry (and on Mount Kilimanjaro) in 2019
– How nature is healing, emotionally and physically
– Why when you’re recovering from an injury (and otherwise), adventure is relative
– How listeners are hoping to incorporate conservation advocacy into their recreation in 2019
– The specific goals and bucket we have on our minds
– Why big goals are great but small goals are valuable, too
– How it’s difficult to balance indoor and outdoor time when you work full time
– Gale’s hopes for 2019 (hint, they have to do with balance, too!)
Some of the People Featured in the Episode
Links/Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Marissa Priestap: Instagram & Blog
- Rhiannon Ball: ‘outdoorsy’ Instagram & personal Instagram
- Annabell Plush: Instagram
- Diandra Oliver: Instagram, Blog, & Curvy Kili Crew
- Fat Girls Hiking: Instagram & Website
- Layla Cameron: Fat Hiking Club Documentary
- Katarina Mulec: Instagram & Balkan River Defense
- Rachel Friedman: The Ski Retreat
- Meghan Young: Instagram
- Kimberly Bradley: New England Mountain Bike Association & Avalonia Land Conservancy
- Elisa Janson: Blog & Women’s Trail Summit
- Kate Rafey: Instagram
- Francesca Turauskis: Seize Your Adventure Podcast
- Teresa Benitez: Instagram
- Greta Matos: Company she’s building in Chile & Instagram
- Christina Hickman: Instagram & Blog
- Desiree Penner: Instagram & Art
- She Explores Podcast Facebook Group
Sponsor Websites & Codes
- Benchmark Maps: Get 20% off your order with the code ‘SHEEXPLORES’ at checkout
- Audible.com/explore: Get first month free and one free audiobook! Or text EXPLORE to 500500 to get started
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.