Episode 91: Postpartum
Interview with Kristina Frost
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group->
Becoming a new mom has changed the way Kristina Frost experiences the outdoors. And she’s realizing, it’s not better or worse – it’s just different. The confluence of a body in healing, a child who needs constant care, and postpartum depression means her life looks little like it did a few years ago.
We talk to Kristina before and after she takes her two-month-old daughter Emma camping for the very first time.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Featuring: Kristina Frost
Hosted by Gale Straub
Subscribe to She Explores podcast via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, and Google Play.
Music is by Jason Shaw and Kai Engel via freemusicarchive.org using a CC by A license
In this episode, you’ll hear:
– How Kristina compares her first backpacking experiences with being a new mom
– What postpartum depression feels like to Kristina
– The difference between PMDD and postpartum depression
– Why Kristina feels like she’s lost her outdoor community (for now)
– Before and after Kristina’s first camping trip with her 2 month old daughter and husband
– How her body’s changed after pregnancy and birth
– Why Kristina feels like she has an old self and a new self and how the two might be integrated
– Advice for new moms who want to take their infants camping
– Why you don’t have to stick to one kind of camping
Kristina and her family
Links/Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Kristina Frost Instagram: @frostkristina
- Hike It Baby
- Adventure Mamas
- She Explores Podcast Facebook Group
Sponsor Websites & Codes
- Benchmark Maps: Get 20% off your order with the code ‘SHEEXPLORES’ at checkout
- Sustain Natural: Get 20% off your first one-time order with code ‘EXPLORES’ at checkout