Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group->
Banner image by Sheri Cook
Could a hike a week change your life? Interview with Karla Amador, co-founder of 52 Hike Challenge. We talk about why she chose to hike 52 times in a year, how It helped clarify what she wanted out of work and life, and how a feeling of accomplishment can carry with you long after the trail.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
– How Karla’s mom (and adventurous spirit) was a positive influence
– Why a divorce lead to Karla taking one hike a week for a year
– The impact 52 hikes had on Karla’s work and active life
– Why Karla and her partner wanted to share the 52 Hike Challenge with others
– Why a hike can be as long or as short as you want it to be
– How a feeling of accomplishment can carry with you
– Gale and Karla talking about ideas for business growth
– Advice for listeners interested in starting a business
– What’s next for 52 Hike Challenge
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Karla Amador (learn more at 52HikeChallenge.com); Hosted by Gale Straub; Featured in the midroll: Maggie Peikon and her Indonesian hiking honeymoon.
Music by Our Many Stars
Music is also by Lee Rosevere, Josh Woodward, Steve Combs, and Kai Engel via freemusicarchive.org.
52 Hike Challenge: Website, Instagram & Facebook
Karla Amador: Instagram
High Hopes Hammock: Get 30% off at checkout with code SHEEXPLORES30
Sawyer: Enter Gift Pack Giveaway
Stamps.com: Get free month trial + a starter kit with code EXPLORES
Benchmark Maps: Get 20% off at checkout with code SHEEXPLORES
[…] My race report: https://she-explores.com/podcast/one-step-at-a-time-karla-amador/ […]
1 Comment on Episode 69: One Step at a Time – Karla Amador