Episode 100 – Injured & Indoors
Banner image of Amanda Gates
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
What happens when injury sidelines you from your favorite outdoor activities.
First off, you’re not alone. This episode features four nature-loving women whose injuries necessitated surgery and lots of time for rest. We talk about the mental and physical challenges, how they coped, and how it felt when they made it outside again once more.
Make sure to check out our additional coping tips ->
Featured in this episode: Hailey Hirst, Erica Aarons, Amanda Gates, and Jaime Purinton
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music is by Josh Woodward and Kai Engel using CC by A license
Ambient Sound recordings by Hailey Hirst
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- About four women’s injuries and how their recoveries put them on the sidelines of their outdoor lives
- How the mental challenge of healing is often harder than the physical challenge
- How the women coped with the isolation, immobility, and separation from the outdoor activities they love
- What it felt like when they were able to step back outside
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Blog post: ‘How to Cope When You’re Recovering Indoors‘
- Hailey Hirst: Instagram & Website
- Erica Aarons: Instagram
- Amanda Gates: Instagram
- Jaime Purinton: Instagram & Hike It Off Clothing
Sponsor Websites & Promotions
- Head to notecast.app and use the code ‘EXPLORES’ to get your first 60 days free!
- Head to ritual.com/explore to get started!
Hailey, Erica, Amanda, and Jaime
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.