Episode 90: What We Have to Give
Conversations at Lodged Out
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group->
What we have (and want) to give to ourselves and to others is often clarified through time outside. At Lodged Out in the Adirondacks of New York, four women share how they spent the weekend through a giving lens.
And as a bonus, we start off the episode by talking with Cassie Abel about “Women-Led Wednesday” – a new initiative to support female-led businesses this holiday season and beyond.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Featuring: Bobbilee Hartman, Nic Annette Miller, Abby Pond, and Adriana Aldana
Hosted by Gale Straub
Subscribe to She Explores podcast via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, and Google Play.
Music is by Jason Shaw and Kai Engel via freemusicarchive.org using a CC by A license
In this episode, you’ll hear:
– About the origin story of Lodged Out
– How Bobbilee is energized by connecting with people and connecting people with others
– How even though your job isn’t always the right fit, it doesn’t mean you have the wrong profession
– Why Bobbilee decided to make Lodged Out retreats tech free and centered around the outdoors
– How it can be hard to find balance between motherhood, work, entrepreneurship, and giving yourself time
– Why choosing to do something for yourself can be a gift
– Why sharing and teaching art is giving, both towards yourself and others
– How we can learn from a photograph
– Why bias is perpetuated by not listening to other people’s stories
– About Women-Led Wednesday and why it’s important to vote with our dollars
At Lodged Out
Links/Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Lodged Out
- Women-Led Wednesday
- Abby Pond’s business, Queen of Cups Lingerie
- Nic Annette Miller: Instagram
- She Explores Podcast Facebook Group
Sponsor Websites & Codes
- Benchmark Maps: Get 20% off your order with the code ‘SHEEXPLORES’ at checkout
- Robinhood: Get one free stock (at random) when you register with Robinhood.
- Bombas: Get 20% off your first order with code ‘EXPLORES’ at checkout
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.