Episode 142: Owning Her Body on the Trail
Interview with Beth Bradley at No Man’s Land Film Festival
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
Beth Bradley can confidently say that hiking changed her life. Call it her hobby, her love, her self-care. Doing the 52 Hike Challenge has changed the voice in her head from one that says “I’m too fat” to one that believes, without a doubt, that we need to change who we think of when we think of a hiker.
We interviewed Beth live at No Man’s Land Film Festival on March 8th. PLUS Gale checked in with Beth this past Monday over the phone because a lot has changed in the world since they met up in Denver.
Featured in this episode: Beth Bradley
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music in this episode is Lee Rosevere, Josh Woodward, and Kai Engel using a Creative Commons attribution license.
- Beth Bradley: Instagram
- Beth’s First Moth Grandslam Story
- No Man’s Land Film Festival: Website & Instagram
- 52 Hike Challenge
- @she_colorsnature: Post Referenced
- Unlikely HIkers: Instagram
- Fat Girls Hiking: Instagram
- Down With Adventure: Instagram & Film
- Curvy Kili Crew: Instagram & She Explores Episode
- A Moment of Growth: She Explores Podcast Episode
- Jenny Bruso on She Explores
- Leave No Trace Guidelines: Outdoors & COVID-19
- Ravel Media
Sponsors and Discount Codes
- Deuter: Learn more about Deuter’s outdoor and travel bags at Deuter.com.
- Appalachian Gear Company: Learn more about the All-Paca Fleece Hoodie and get 10% off using the code ‘SHEEXPLORES’ – Valid through May 31, 2020.
- South Dakota Tourism – Get your FREE South Dakota vacation guide at travelsouthdakota.com
A Few of Beth’s Past Hikes
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.