Episode 103 – When Nature Calls, SheFly has the Answer
This episode sponsored by Ritual & EarlybirdCBD.com
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
Shouldn’t it be easier for women to use the bathroom outside? Shouldn’t pants be made for female anatomy? The founders behind SheFly Apparel think so. They’ve reinvented pants for us to wear on the trail and elsewhere. Their vision for the future? That every pair of women’s pants includes a SheFly zipper. Meet two of the three co-founders, Bianca Gonzalez and Charlotte Massey.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Featured in this episode: SheFly Apparel Co-foundersBianca Gonzalez and Charlotte Massey
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music is by Liam McNally. Music is also by Lee Rosevere, Health&Beauty, and Monplaisir using CC by A license
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- About Bianca’s entrepreneurial philosophy, the acronym of which is appropriate: “PEE”
- What SheFly Apparel is, and how it came to be
- Why women need a solution for ‘answering nature’s call’ outdoors
- Why the current position of a fly on pants is antiquated and fitting for male anatomy rather than female (and how it’s also pretty darn sexist)
- The marketing challenges of spreading the word about a women’s specific product that helps you go to the bathroom outside
- How the founders have balanced college and post-college life with founding a business
- Why SheFly Apparel hopes to revolutionize the pa(n)triarchy and what they have in store for the future
- The She Explores book & Tour
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor Websites & Promotions
SheFly Apparel and Co-Founders Georgia Grace, Bianca, and Charlotte
Georgia Grace and Bianca in Vermont
Co-Founder Georgia Grace Edwards
Co-Founder Bianca Gonzalez
Co-Founder Charlotte Massey
SheFly Apparel prototype (back of pants)
SheFly hiking pants!
Charlotte answering nature’s call.
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.