Episode 103 – When Nature Calls, SheFly has the Answer
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
Shouldn’t it be easier for women to use the bathroom outside? Shouldn’t pants be made for female anatomy? The founders behind SheFly Apparel think so. They’ve reinvented pants for us to wear on the trail and elsewhere. Their vision for the future? That every pair of women’s pants includes a SheFly zipper. Meet two of the three co-founders, Bianca Gonzalez and Charlotte Massey.
Featured in this episode: SheFly Apparel Co-foundersBianca Gonzalez and Charlotte Massey
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music is by Liam McNally. Music is also by Lee Rosevere, Health&Beauty, and Monplaisir using CC by A license
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- About Bianca’s entrepreneurial philosophy, the acronym of which is appropriate: “PEE”
- What SheFly Apparel is, and how it came to be
- Why women need a solution for ‘answering nature’s call’ outdoors
- Why the current position of a fly on pants is antiquated and fitting for male anatomy rather than female (and how it’s also pretty darn sexist)
- The marketing challenges of spreading the word about a women’s specific product that helps you go to the bathroom outside
- How the founders have balanced college and post-college life with founding a business
- Why SheFly Apparel hopes to revolutionize the pa(n)triarchy and what they have in store for the future
- The She Explores book & Tour
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- SheFly Apparel: Website
- SheFly Apparel iFundWomen crowdfunding campaign
- Kyle Wright: Portfolio
- She Explores Book & Tour
Sponsor Websites & Promotions
- Head to Ritual.com/explore to get 10% off your first 3 months of vitamins
- Head to EarlybirdCBD.com/explores and use code EXPLORES at checkout for 20% off your order
SheFly Apparel and Co-Founders Georgia Grace, Bianca, and Charlotte
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.