Episode 150: Playing it Safe
Outdoor Rec & COVID-19
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
We’re heading into summer and parks and trails and beaches around the US are starting to open up again amidst the pandemic. As hikers, paddlers, climbers, runners, we crave time outside, but we also have a responsibility to do so in a way that respects the health of others and the land we’re on. We hear from four women who can help guide us in the right direction as we step out into this strange, familiar world.
Featuring Katie Boué of Outdoor Advocacy Project, Angela Howe, Esq. of Surfrider Foundation, resident pathologist Favia Dubyk, and Emergency Room Registered Nurse Nadia Mercado.
Featured in this episode: Katie Boué, Nadia Mercado, Favia Dubyk, Angela Howe, Laura Borichevsky, and Lora Straub
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music in this episode is by Swelling, Meydan, Lee Rosevere, and Kai Engel using a Creative Commons attribution license.
- Women Featured on the episode:
- CDC Guidelines: Visiting Parks & Recreational Facilities
- Women on the Road Podcast: Website
- Recreate Responsibly: Website
- The Outdoor Advocacy Project
- Surfrider Foundation: Website
- Surfrider’s Expert Panel: Guidance on Beach Recreation
- Surfrider’s Guide to Solo Beach Cleanups
- Melanin Base Camp: Website & Instagram
- Ravel Media
Sponsors and Discount Codes
- Salomon: Learn more at Salomon.com
- Featured in midroll: Laura Borichevsky aka @howsheviewsit (and host of our sister podcast, Women on the Road!)
- Peak Scents: Get 20% off your order using code EXPLORE20 at checkout at PeakScents.com.
- BetterHelp: Get 10% off your first month by visiting Betterhelp.com/explore
Featured in the episode:
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.