Episode 89: Lost & Found
Lydia Sturgis and Krista Elkins
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group->
Lost in the mountains is a vulnerable place to be. Lydia Sturgis shares her experience losing the trail for a night in the Beartooth Mountains of Montana, and heli nurse Krista Elkins gives advice for both how to prevent getting lost and what to do if it happens.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Featuring: Lydia Sturgis and Krista Elkins
Hosted by Gale Straub
Subscribe to She Explores podcast via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, and Google Play.
Music is by Jason Shaw, Josh Woodward, Lee Rosevere, and Kai Engel via freemusicarchive.org using a CC by A license
Music is also by Sun Shapes
In this episode, you’ll hear:
– Lydia’s hike and climb up Granite Peak, the highest mountain in Montana
– Why it’s important to trust your climbing partner
– What Lydia and her climbing partner Artie did when they got lost on the way down
– Advice from heli nurse and paramedic Krista Elkins for ways to prevent getting lost
– Gear to bring on an overnight
– What to do if you do get lost for one night and more than one night
– Recommended courses for outdoor enthusiasts
– Why it’s worth getting out there, even with the risks
– What Lydia learned while she was out there
Lydia Hiking Up to Granite Peak
Krista in the Outdoors
Links/Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Sponsor Websites & Codes
- Outdoor Voices: Get 20% off your first order of $100 or more use code ‘EXPLORES’ at checkout
- Benchmark Maps: Get 20% off your order with the code ‘SHEEXPLORES’ at checkout
- Sustain: Get 20% off your first one-time order with code ‘EXPLORES’ at checkout
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.