Episode 125: A Beautiful Place of Healing
Interview with Emilee Struss
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
Sometimes the hardest thing isn’t running an ultra marathon or topping out at a climbing competition, it’s showing up for yourself in small ways, taking a step back and figuring out what you need so you can figure out who you are. For a long time, Emilee Struss identified as a climber and an endurance runner. Persistent injuries have made her dig into the hard work of self-love.
Banner Image courtesy of Emilee Struss
Featured in this episode: Emilee Struss
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music is by Lee Rosevere, Kai Engel, Josh Woodward, and Meydän using CC by A license.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How growing up in an athletic family shaped Emilee’s interest and desires
- About finding climbing as a 16 year old in Minnesota
- How a fall from a 70 foot tree gave Emilee a sense of gratitude beyond her years
- About struggling through persistent injuries, and the space that opened up in the process
- Why Emilee is more interested in enjoying the journey outdoors than big accomplishments
- Why selling her climbing equipment isn’t saying no to climbing, it’s taking a pause and saying yes to other opportunities
- What Emilee is hoping for in her writing career and business
- How Emilee defines success today
- Advice Emilee has for others going through injuries or setbacks
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor Websites & Promotions
- Merrell: Learn more at Merrell.com*
- Deuter: Learn more at Deuter.com
- ThirdLove: Get 15% off by heading to ThirdLove.com/explore
Emilee in the Outdoors
photos courtesy of Emilee Struss
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.