Episode 128: What We Need to Fuel Ourselves
Interview with Chi Pham
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
Chi Pham wants you to know that you can fuel your body for success as an outdoor athlete, and it doesn’t have to fit in the little boxes you see on social media. Because being focused on health and wellness doesn’t mean there’s just one way to live your life, Chi is committed to showing up, keeping it real, and encouraging other women to be themselves above all else.
In this episode, we talk about how Chi took her training outdoors, how she slowly started fueling her body to help achieve her goals (rather than feeding into toxic diet culture), and the influence Instagram can have on what we think ‘fit’ looks like.
Featured in this episode: Chi Pham
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music is by Lee Rosevere, Swelling, Josh Woodward, Kai Engel, and Tours using CC by A license. Music also by Kay Orange.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- When Chi started identifying as an athlete, and when she took her athleticism outdoors
- What Chi enjoys most about a triathlon (hint, she likes a challenge!)
- Why she loves trail running
- How a bike accident helped put her physical insecurities in perspective
- When Chi realized her restrictive eating was taking a toll on her training
- The power Instagram can have over what we think is healthy and what fit looks like
- Why Chi is happy not to weigh herself anymore
- About her forthcoming trip to Vietnam to spend time with family and connect with her roots
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor Websites & Promotions
Chi in her Element
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.