Episode 118: A Few Big Leaps
Interview with Becky Marcelliano
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
Becky Marcelliano shares how she pivoted from working as an art teacher to working her way up to be a marketing manager in the outdoor industry (first Deuter, then Salomon). Her interview is full of tips for breaking into a new industry, but it’s also about her openness in the face of big life changes, living with chronic illness, and an omnipresent passion for lifting women up.
Featured in this episode: Becky Marcelliano
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music is by Lee Rosevere, Kai Engel, and Josh Woodward using CC by A license.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Becky’s transition from art teacher to marketing manager in the outdoor industry
- The benefits of dabbling in your interests outside of your current career
- Advice for making a big career leap
- What it’s like working a desk job in a big outdoor company
- The stigma of grappling with a mystery illness
- What Becky’s chronic illnesses have taught her about her health
- Why Becky is passionate about lifting up other women in her work and outdoor life
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Becky Marcelliano: Instagram
- Outdoor Industry Lady Leaders Meetup Group
- Women Who Hike
- Native Women’s Wilderness
Sponsor Websites & Promotions
- Benchmark Maps: Use code ‘SHEEXPLORES’ for 20% off your order!
- Aunt Fannie’s
- ThirdLove: Use code ‘EXPLORE’ at checkout for 15% off your first order
Becky in her Element
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.