Episode 60: Not Broken – LaRae Lobdell
Hosted by Laura Hughes
If you are in a situation of domestic violence, you can call the National Domestic Violence Hotline 24/7 at 1−800−799−7233
Road travel is not always a vacation, or a luxury. In fact, many times women hit the road it’s out of necessity or to find healing. For single mom LaRae Lobdell, healing couldn’t begin until she felt safe from her experiences with domestic violence– and the best way she was able to reclaim control of her life was to get in the car and go.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- LaRae’s story of injury, healing, and domestic violence
- How she made the move from two different violent relationships
- What red flags LaRae saw in her relationships
- How she continues to keep herself and her daughter safe
- Why LaRae found security in road travel
- Resources domestic violence survivors can use to make the transition to safety
- Follow LaRae on Instagram – @laraelobdell
- Check out LaRae’s single parent travel blog – Shades of Rae
- See LaRae’s portfolio – LaRae Lobdell
- Check out LaRae’s photography blog – Photo Sister
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – call 24/7 at 1−800−799−7233
- Domestic Violence Support for Women Facebook Group
- Trusted House Sitters
- Wealthy Single Mommy
- Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on our WOTR Camp Out happening this October near Moab, Utah
- Women On The Road on Instagram – @womenontheroad
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
Sponsor Websites & Codes:
- Benchmark Maps – use promo code womenontheroad for 20% off your order
- Aunt Fannie’s
- Costa Sunglasses – Founded over 35 years ago by fishermen who wanted to stay on the water longer, Costa Sunglasses are engineered to help people across all pursuits make the most of their time on the water. For those who need water to breathe. www.costasunglasses.com
Photos by LaRae Lobdell
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Jason Shaw and Josh Woodward.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.