Episode 57: Advice II
Hosted by Laura Hughes
In this 2nd annual “Advice” episode, we ask our 9 most recent interviewees the 5 most commonly-asked questions we’ve been hearing online and in person from female road travelers.
Because anything can– and often does– happen on the road, more perspectives usually help so that you can learn, reflect, and ultimately decide for yourself what feels right. And when we as female travelers share advice with one another, it does some important things: it normalizes that we are competent and can be sources of knowledge, and it also shows each other that there is no one way to do road travel. You can have a different perspective and still make it happen.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Answers and insights to 5 commonly asked questions about traveling on the road:
- How do you finance your travels?
- What do you do about safety?
- Do you ever get lonely, and how do you combat that?
- What are your best tips for camping?
- What is one item you couldn’t live without while traveling on the road?
- Lisa Jacobs
- Kate Ortiz
- Instagram – @katetronn
- Sydney Ferbrache
- Lindsey Hall
- Marlene Mali Mish
- Rachel Hill
- Katie Boué
- Alli Powell
- Margaret Miller
- Instagram – @curlyhaircamping
- Women On The Road on Instagram – @womenontheroad
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
- Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on our WOTR Camp Out happening this October near Moab, Utah!
Sponsor Websites & Codes:
A handful of the voices featured in this episode:
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Josh Woodward.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.