Episode 55: The Heartbreak Road Trip — Ali Powell
Hosted by Laura Hughes
Breaking up with a partner on the road is– to say the least– a unique way to leave a relationship. But for all the turmoil that breakups can bring, there are also amazing opportunities for growth tucked within such a transitional and often painful chapter. Solo traveler and photographer Ali Powell took the pain she felt from ending her last relationship and decided to do something with that energy, and she calls it The Heartbreak Road Trip.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How Ali’s project, The Heartbreak Road Trip, got started
- The reactions Ali has received online to her project
- A few of the items Ali received for the project that stand out in her memory
- What it’s like to destroy someone’s once-treasured personal belongings
- The reason Ali doesn’t travel full-time, and why it doesn’t matter
- What Ali has learned from taking on The Heartbreak Road Trip
- Our stories and responses to being told by exes we couldn’t do road travel on our own
- How you can get involved in The Heartbreak Road Trip
- Follow The Heartbreak Roadtrip on Instagram – @theheartbreakroadtrip
- Follow Ali on Instagram – @akpow4
- Women On The Road on Instagram – @womenontheroad
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
Sponsor Websites & Codes:
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Josh Woodward.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.