Episode 53 – When Travel is Your Full-Time Job: Rachel Hill
Hosted by Laura Hughes
Rachel Hill travels the world like it’s her job– because it is. For the past 5 years, she’s been building her business as a marketing consultant and influencer, traveling solo to wherever the glitch fare takes her and sharing her experiences along the way. Those seeking practical tips for making travel more affordable or starting your own business as a remote worker or travel influencer: this episode is for you!
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Rachel explains how she finds the best deals on plane tickets through glitch fare and by maximizing credit card rewards
- The many benefits of being flexible with where you travel and when you do it
- How she left her corporate job to pursue travel, and why
- Her biggest challenges traveling solo on a regular basis
- What Rachel’s friends and family think about her continuous travels
- How a corporate job can be helpful for your international travel planning
- Different ways to think about budgeting for larger trips
- What she’s learned as a business owner in developing her brand, Rachel Travels
- Some of the most important things to keep in mind are for those wanting to become self-employed
- Follow Rachel on Instagram – @racheltravels
- Rachel’s website – www.racheltravels.com
- Rachel’s book – So You Want to be a Travel Influencer? The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Travel Influencer of Color
- The Flight Deal
- Secret Flying
- Women On The Road on Instagram – @womenontheroad
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
Sponsor Websites & Codes:
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Jim Perkins. Music is also by Jason Shaw and Doctor Turtle via CC by A license.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.