Episode 51 – I Haven’t Shaved in Six Weeks: Lindsey Hall
Hosted by Laura Hughes
Call it what you want: an escape, a road trip, a vacation, a getaway. Travel is, literally, a common vehicle for those looking to disconnect, reflect, and recover.
But that’s the version of recovery and travel that’s tied up neatly with a bow. The reality is that, in the face of grief, trauma– or in Lindsey Hall’s case: an eating disorder– there is usually a lot of healing that needs to happen first before travel is even an option.
While the road to recovery can sometimes be found on an actual road, it’s a fairly romantic notion that it’s that simple. There’s usually a lot of work that needs to happen first. But that’s the thing about travel: it can be a big motivator.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The career Lindsey Hall took from an office to a remote job
- Lindsey shares her story of navigating her eating disorder
- Why she named her blog “I Haven’t Shaved in Six Weeks”
- The way travel both frees and challenges her
- What it’s like to share so honestly about eating disorders online
- Her dream project, Recovery on the Road
- Follow Lindsey on Instagram – @lindseyhallwrites
- Lindsey’s website – I Haven’t Shaved in Six Weeks
- Lindsey also compiled a list of eating disorder treatment centers.
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Wild and Weightless
- Eating Recovery Center
- Women On The Road on Instagram – @womenontheroad
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
Sponsor Websites & Codes:
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Josh Woodward using a CC by A license.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.