Episode 47 – When it’s Time to Break the Rules: Lisa Jacobs
Hosted by Laura Hughes
Personally, breaking the rules gives us the sweats. But after hearing from solo road traveler Lisa Jacobs, we might be convinced that there’s a time and a place for it: whether it’s personally, professionally, creatively, or romantically.
As you’ll hear, Lisa has been doing solo road travel for a couple of years now. As a former lawyer-turned- traveling content creator, Lisa knows what it’s like to defy the norm. And with pink hair and a large van she’s been traveling in, she already stands out from the crowd. But what I’ve loved about getting to know Lisa is that she’s not just about breaking the rules for the sake of rebellion or power or chaos. She’s in it to learn about herself.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Lisa Jacobs is a lawyer, interior designer, and writer who lives and travels full-time in her van Freebird. Lisa hosts vanlife events and creativity workshops across the country. She shares honest, practical solo vanlife advice on her Vacay Vans youtube channel.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- A bit about the unexpected former life Lisa’s van held
- How Lisa made the switch to remote work from her office job
- Why it’s okay to break the rules or do the unexpected
- A few stories about Lisa’s experiences dating on the road
- What “extreme dating” is
- What Lisa thinks about all of the “rules” around being successful as a digital content creator
- How The Artist’s Way has changed her life
- What “morning pages” are
- Lisa’s advice on why you should write more, plus her favorite writing app
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Follow Lisa on Instagram – @vacayvans
- Check out Lisa’s YouTube Channel – Vacay Vans
- Lisa’s blog – Vacay Vans
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Day One App
- Women On The Road on Instagram – @womenontheroad
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Josh Woodward using a CC by A license.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.