Episode 40 – Home for the Holidays
Hosted by Laura Hughes
There’s no one answer to navigating the holidays– which is why we asked three women with different traveling lifestyles to share how their constant movement interacts with this particular season, and what it means to them to be home for the holidays.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How to balance a healthy travel schedule and making time for friends and family when you’re in your hometown
- Tips for planning your own holiday get-togethers, even if your time is limited
- The importance of going out of your way to spend time with friends and family when you are around
- How to make the most of being away from home for the holiday season
- Thoughtful gift ideas that reflect your travels
- Advice on how to spend your holiday time if you’re not with friends or family
- What it’s like to plan and execute holiday road travel with 4 kids
- Tips for staying organized when traveling long distances as a family
- What we can all learn from our road travel experiences (even stressful ones)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Amie Engerbretson – @aengerbretson on Instagram or her portfolio site
- Alana Nason – @nomadsland on Instagram
- Candice Leavitt – @wildrootsoutdoors on Instagram or her blog, Wild Roots Outdoors
- She Explores, a book by Gale Straub – available for pre-order now!
- Women On The Road on Instagram – @womenontheroad
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
Sponsor Websites & Promotions
- Limited Edition Rumpl x Yakima x Stickfort Puffy Blanket
- Enter to win an incredible prize pack through the #mymountainhome photo contest!
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Benzosonix, with original music by Liam McNally.
Music is also by Jason Shaw via Free Music Archive using a CC by A license.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.