Episode 39 – Road Travel Q&A: WOTR Gathering Live Recording
Hosted by Laura Hughes
This episode sponsored by Otterbox
In this live recording from the Women On The Road Gathering in Taos, New Mexico, join us as we ask questions from the Women On The Road community to 6 women with experience in road travel of all kinds– from school bus living, to van conversions, to weekend warrior lifestyles.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
In this episode you’ll hear answers to the following questions:
- How did you choose the vehicle you currently travel in?
- What have been your biggest challenges to getting on the road, and how did you overcome them?
- What advice do you have when it comes to vehicle maintenance?
- What’s your favorite meal cooked on the road?
- Do you ever feel bored while traveling?
- How do you find remote camping locations?
- Who inspires you?
- Where is your favorite place you’ve traveled to, and why?
- What is the biggest sacrifice you’ve made as a woman on the road?
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
- Martha Hudson: @luv_martha and her custom bikini business, Luv Martha Swim
- Lisa Jacobs: @vaycayvans and her Youtube channel, Vaycay Vans
- Sydney Ferbrache: @divineontheroad and her blog, Divine On The Road
- Emily Hart: @emilyventures and her blog, Emily Ventures
- Katie Larsen: @s0weboughtavan and her blog, So We Bought A Van
- Kit Whistler: @kitwhistler and her blog, Idle Theory Bus
- Benchmark Maps
- Fresh Off The Grid
- All Stays
- The Solace of Open Spaces by Gretel Ehrlich
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
Sponsor Websites & Codes
In addition to the sponsorship by Otterbox that helped us gather in New Mexico & bring you this episode, we’d also like to thank Escape Campervans, Union Wine Co., GT’s Living Foods, Double Good, RXBAR, and many others for their support that allowed us to host over 150 women-identifying and non-binary road travelers at our first Women on the Road Gathering in Taos, New Mexico.
Photos courtesy of Gale Straub, Megan Cable, Hailey Hirst, and Nicole Rothschild
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Jason Shaw, Josh Woodward, and Jahzaar via Free Music Archive using a CC by A license.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.