Episode 38 – In the Wake of Grief: Lauren Walker
Hosted by Laura Hughes
In the last two years, Lauren and her long-time partner Trent bought a house, planned their kitchen remodel, saved up for their honeymoon, and got married. But then suddenly and unexpectedly, Trent died. Just two months into their marriage, Lauren was alone.
As you can imagine, everything changed for Lauren with Trent’s passing, but one thing she’s kept as a constant is a van that belonged to him. Now she’s traveling full time around Australia in it, allowing herself room to process her grief. Along the way she’s also sharing her thoughts openly online with others in hopes of encouraging others to embrace their lives and loved ones fully, every day.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Lauren’s journey of grief after losing her husband, Trent
- How van travel has helped Lauren in her healing process
- The ways Lauren has grown since hitting the road
- Why you should plan a little less
- What Lauren thinks about safety and fear on the road as a solo traveler
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
- Follow Lauren on Instagram: @lauren_ashleigh_walker
- Come see us in Taos at our first Women On The Road Gathering with Vanlife Diaries!
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
Sponsor Websites & Codes
- Get 20% off your Escape Campervan rental for the Women On The Road Gathering! Use promo code WOMEN20.
Photos courtesy of Lauren Walker
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Jason Shaw and Josh Woodward via Free Music Archive using a CC by A license.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.