Episode 37 – Starting Off Solo: Emily Hart
Hosted by Laura Hughes
Emily Hart is no stranger to solo travel. In fact, she’s on a quest to visit every National Park in the US, and she has some insightful thoughts on what it’s like to start traveling alone.
Whether you travel alone regularly, or the thought of it fills you with dread– we’ve been there. And this episode is for you.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What newfound solo travel for host Laura Hughes is like
- Why Emily started traveling to National Parks
- How many National Parks Emily has visited solo
- What Emily’s simple car camper conversion is like, and why she loves it
- How using travel as self care helps Emily be a better teacher
- The way Emily views being “outdoorsy”
- What Emily’s middle school students glean from her travels
- How she balances full-time teaching with her adventures
- What advice Emily has for those wanting to start new, big solo endeavors
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
- Follow Emily’s adventures on Instagram: @emilyventures
- Come see us in Taos at our first Women On The Road Gathering with Vanlife Diaries!
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
Sponsor Websites & Codes
- Get 20% off your Escape Campervan rental for the Women On The Road Gathering! Use promo code WOMEN20.
Photos courtesy of Emily Hart
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is also by Jason Shaw and Josh Woodward via Free Music Archive using a CC by A license.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.