Episode 36 – Reset: Lianna Lee
Hosted by Laura Hughes
This episode sponsored by Casper
Every so often, we hit a wall and need to reset. Things feel stagnant, or too routine, or not in alignment with our values any longer. Maybe we stayed still too long, or maybe we got off track. Resets just need to happen sometimes.
Lianna Lee knew she needed one this summer, which is why she quit her job, changed her apartment, and hit the road for a month all at the same time — without a back-up plan or a financial safety net. Some might call is scary. Others might call it irresponsible. But for Lianna (and probably for you at some point, too) it was completely necessary.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Lianna made her month-long road trip work
- What she would do differently if she were to do the trip again
- The freedom of social pressures while traveling on the road, especially physical appearance
- Lianna’s thoughts on privilege and access to National Parks
- How Lianna knew she needed to leave a stable career path for something new
- The logistical challenges Lianna encountered as she prepared for this big life reset
- What it means to Lianna to be a Chinese American adoptee, especially in the outdoors
- How Lianna’s experience as an adoptee and a person of color shows up in the outdoors as well as on the road
- A few of the ways Lianna’s reset facilitated her own metamorphosis
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
- Follow Lianna’s adventures on Instagram: @skywaterind
- Want to hear more from the perspective of adoptees? Lianna recommends Gazillion Voices.
- Come see us in Taos at our first Women On The Road Gathering with Vanlife Diaries!
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
Sponsor Websites & Codes
Photos courtesy of Liana Lee
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Jenny Berkel.
Music is also by Jason Shaw and Hyson via Free Music Archive using a CC by A license.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.