Episode 32 – Cancer’s Landscape: Jennifer Langille
Hosted by Laura Hughes
This episode sponsored by Deuter
Jennifer Langille has been living and offroading in a Jeep, photographing and interviewing those impacted by cancer and finding parallels between the landscape she experiences on the road and the landscape navigated by those impacted by cancer.
For Jennifer, you’ll hear that things came together over a couple of years, culminating with her decision to live and offroad in her Jeep for long stints at a time, and it’s this life on the road that has not only allowed her project to take place, but her perspective as a traveler has enriched the photography work she’s doing now.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why Jennifer decided to live out of her Jeep for her project, Photos That Unite
- How she got involved with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- The two experiences that showed her she could live full time on the road
- How Jennifer finds people to interview for her project
- Jennifer’s thoughts on the power of story-telling, especially tough stories
- The loneliness of being a cancer patient
- Jennifer’s insights on the parallels between wildfires and navigating cancer
- How Jennifer practices self care on the road
- About the book Jennifer is creating as a result of this project
- How this project has impacted her perception of doing things your own way
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
- Photos that Unite
- Learn how to support Jennifer’s book
- Follow Jennifer on Instagram – @jennifer.langille
- Jennifer’s portfolio site
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Sponsor Websites & Codes
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Drew Barefoot.
Music is also by Josh Woodward and Hyson via Free Music Archive using a CC by A license.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.