Episode 21: Doing it Anyway
Hosted By Laura Hughes
Sponsored by Benchmark Maps
Use coupon code WOMENONTHEROAD for 20% off your purchase at Benchmark Maps.
Banner Image by C.T. Bell
How do you overcome challenges to getting on the road?
We wanted to know. Because when it comes to road travel, there’s always a reason not to go, even if you want to. It could be chores, money, a job or other obligations– even things that seem intrinsically good for us, like new opportunities or a relationship or an incredible home. And these things– good, bad, or otherwise, can make it challenging to say “yes” to the call you feel to get out on the road.
We asked listeners to share their experiences of overcoming challenges and getting out there anyway, and you all came through, big time. So in this episode, you’ll hear stories of persistence, creativity, vulnerability, and strength. And even though everyone’s travels are incredibly unique, there’s a strong commonality in the art of the pursuit.
Featuring Emily Hart, Myla Burns, Cathy Crouch, Laura DeMaio Roy, Jennifer Langille, Meaghan Kelly, Lisa Jacobs, Britany Freeman, Kathleen Morton, and Desiree Penner
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How solo female travelers overcome anxiety and fear on the road
- One story of a woman battling cancer while living in her van
- How some women balance work and money with their desire to travel
- Ways women travelers have successfully developed traveling lifestyles when their partner doesn’t want to live on the road
- Stories from women who set out solo after ending relationships
- Why some women didn’t give up after experiencing camper breakdowns
- How one university student completed her program while traveling on the road
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with the women behind their voice submissions:
- Use coupon code WOMENONTHEROAD for 20% off your order of Benchmark Maps!
- Connect to the Women On The Road community online:
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays– subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram (@howsheviewsit) and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Jamie Stillway, Jason Shaw, and Josh Woodward.
WOTR podcast logo designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.