Episode 46 – Boundaries: Dani Reyes-Acosta
Hosted by Laura Hughes
This episode sponsored by The Trip
Boundaries don’t usually sound like fun (unless you get a thrill from breaking rules, in which case more power to you). But for the majority of us, especially those with a desire to travel, boundaries can kind of sound like a drag. Which is why when Dani Reyes-Acosta, a long-time road traveler and remote brand strategist, shares how learning to set boundaries for herself has actually been a key factor in her continued growth and even aided in her repeated decisions to say yes to travel—well, we were pretty much hooked.
From what she learned driving around Mexico, to why she travels solo even though she has a partner, Dani’s stories show the liberating side of creating boundaries.
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or wherever you stream podcasts.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Where Dani has traveled, and what got her started in the first place
- Why she prefers slow travel
- How travel helped Dani find healing from trauma
- What creating boundaries has done for her travels, and beyond
- How Dani feels about traveling solo now that she has a partner
- The importance of finding balance when it comes to compassion
- How taking things one step at a time is often the best approach
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Follow Dani on Instagram – @notlostjustdiscovering
- Dani’s website – Dani Reyes-Acosta
- Nomad Creativa and on Instagram: @nomadcreativa
- Women on the Road on Instagram – @womenontheroad
- Join the Women On The Road Podcast Facebook group
Sponsor Websites & Promotions
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Fridays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode. Follow along with Laura Hughes on Instagram @howsheviewsit and see more of her work through her website, How She Views It.
Music is by Josh Woodward using a CC by A license.
WOTR podcast cover artwork designed by Dani Opal.
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for our latest stories.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.