Holiday Gift Guide
Buy, DIY, & Provide
It’s that time of year again when we’re ushered into the holiday shuffle. There are trees to trim, travel plans to make, skis to wax – many things to feel grateful for.
We hope that you’re embracing shoulder season, that you shop small, that you find some ways to give back, and that part of your holiday plans include experiences over expenses.
We love the chance every year to share thoughtful gifts with the people we love, especially if those gifts are kind to the world and support causes we believe in. We’ve compiled a Holiday Gift Guide that aims to share love and give back where we can.
For the curious, creative, conscious, outdoor-loving women in your life:
- The Nature Fix by Florence Williams
- Peak Design’s Slide Lite Strap (get 15% off with the code SHEEXPLORES at checkout!)
- “Traveler” Skin Care Kit by Ursa Major
- Rishi Turmeric Ginger Tea
- Copper Cow Coffee Vietnamese Portable Pour-Over (get 15% off with the code EXPLORERCOFFEE15 at checkout!)
- Vacilando Quilting Balance Tote
- Leatherman Micra 10-in-1 Multi-Tool in 7 color ways
- Western Rise Dry Weight Merino Henley
- Sarah Uhl’s beautiful 2018 Watercolor Calendar
- Sew & Saunder’s Embroidery
- Sam Lee Pottery Handmade Mug
- Rab Women’s Ridge Glove
DIY: We know you’ve got a unique skill up your sleeve, why not share it with your loved ones? Maybe it’s photography, a yoga practice, or a green thumb.
- Hand-knit or crocheted, hat, scarf, or cowl – Chunky crocheted cowl tutorial
- Pine cone fire starter – Tutorial from Something Turquoise
- Outdoor Watercolor Kit – Field kit tutorial from Bridgette Meinhold
- Utensil kit roll case – Similar tool kit roll tutorial, can be adapted for specific utensils
Can’t go wrong with baking cookies either! Here’s our favorite cookie recipe.
Provide: since the giving season is time to give something back, too.
- Donate funds to Outdoor Womens Aliance, Outdoor Outreach, RAINN, Out There Adventures, Latino Outdoors, Hike It Baby, No Man’s Land Film Festival, the list goes on.
- Donate used outdoor gear to organizations like Gear Forward or give to local Sierra Clubs, Hiking or Climbing Clubs.
- Gift a NOLS or Outward Bound course to someone, or contribute to each organization’s scholarship and support programs.
Editor’s note: Although we’ve partnered with some of these brands or featured artists/makers before, this holiday gift guide has not been sponsored in any part. All goods represented reflect products and projects we truly love.
What’s on your giving list this year?
Subscribe to She Explores
Provide your email for updates from the road.
Your email will be used exclusively by She Explores as described above.