Episode 101 – Hike, Journal, Meditate
Interview with Kenya and Michelle Jackson-Saulters
Banner image of Amanda Gates
This episode sponsored by NoteCast & ThirdLove & EarlybirdCBD.com
Join us in our She Explores Podcast Facebook Group!
A little mindfulness goes a long way. Meet Kenya and Michelle Jackson-Saulters, co-founders of Outdoor Journal Tour and WE Hike to Heal.
We have a lot on our minds and we often put our own needs on the backburner. Kenya and Michelle believe that self-care can look like a walk in the woods and that the effect is multiplied by journaling and meditating. They’re on a mission to help women all over the world reclaim their bodies, minds, and communities through their special guided hikes and mindfulness lessons.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Find the episode below, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Featured in this episode: Kenya Jackson-Saulters and Michelle Jackson-Saulters, co-founders of Outdoor Journal Tour
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music is by Jason Shaw, Lee Rosevere, and Kai Engel using CC by A license
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How meditation can amplify the positive effects of your experiences in nature
- What ‘grounding’ is and why it’s important
- About the origin of Outdoor Journal Tour (ODJT)
- The positive benefits of hiking, journaling, and meditating
- About Michelle’s first solo hike in Georgia
- How ODJT cultivates a welcoming and non-intimidating environment on their group hikes
- Why ODJT gears their work towards women
- About the Journal of Mindful Movement
- Why Kenya included a ‘body apology’ in the journal
- How when we think about health, we should include mental as well as physical health
- About WE Hike to Heal and the March initiative culminating in group hikes around North America on March 30th
- Why embracing healing doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with us
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor Websites & Promotions
Kenya, Michelle, and Outdoor Journal Tour
Kenya Jackson-Saulters, L, and Michelle Jackson-Saulters, R: Co-founders of ODJT
WE Hike to Heal Group Photo! By Kristina Cooper
The “meditate” part of hike, journal, meditate. Photo by Kristina Cooper.
Kenya leading a discussion. Photo by Kristina Cooper.
Michelle and Kenya, looking cute.
Enjoy this episode? Rate us on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. It’ll help other people find us. You can also share this podcast with a friend. Thank you for your support!
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays – subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.