SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR (PART TIME)
About: Ravel Media
We’re a small creative media company. We make audio, photographic, and editorial content for the outdoor and travel industry with the goals of being introspective, accessible, and varied. In asking thoughtful questions, we seek to understand and practice respect for: people, place, emotion, and environment.
We strive to also examine the overlap in the tapestry of stories we collectively weave, and to consider how this endeavor relates to the greater world. Above all, we value curiosity, humility, honesty, inclusivity, and connection.
About: She Explores
She Explores is committed to creating a space where others’ voices are amplified. Since our founding in 2014, we have featured more than 500 women’s stories, voices, photographs, and artwork on our website, podcast, and social media platforms. We’re always on the lookout for how the conversation about and between women is changing, for voices that still aren’t being heard, for what’s next in the outdoor industry and environmental world, for discussions that are hard to start but important to have, and for stories that reveal we are not alone — even in our private journeys.
About the Role:
We’re on the lookout for a part-time social media coordinator to help us manage the She Explores social media platforms (primarily Instagram).
- Social Media Support: Coordinating, developing, and publishing content across social media platforms with a focus on Instagram
- Work with Ravel team to update content calendar with photos/videos, links, and proposed copy before weekly review
- Curate content for in-feed publication and request permission from creators to share (2 posts/reels per week)
- Post content in social media calendar
- Engage and add to the conversation by commenting and responding to DM
- Share creators and stories with the She Explores editorial/audio team for consideration as it aligns with our content strategy
- As time allows: Write first draft of podcast episode social copy and social media posts highlighting editorial content
Time Commitment: 5 hours per week
Experience we’re looking for:
- Passion for the She Explores community
- Enthusiasm for social media
- Driven to help create a more welcoming and inclusive outdoor and travel community
- Willingness to learn and openness to feedback
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage deadlines effectively
- Experience or willingness to learn the following tools:
- Facebook pages, Instagram and Instagram Stories, and Twitter
- Graphic design tool like Canva or Adobe Spark
- Slack and Google products for remote communication
- Social media management tools like Later
Ravel Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or based on an individual’s status in any group or community. Ravel Media encourages applications from minoritized and historically excluded applicants and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team with a broad spectrum of experiences, perspectives and identities. Ravel Media strives to create and maintain a working and learning environment that is inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
Interested in applying?
→ Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (by 10/14/22) with the subject "HIRE ME!" that includes a brief note about your interest & experience, with whatever portfolio or social links you think are relevant.